Monday, August 31, 2009

Courtney's Coveting the Creamed Corn

Beverley's (You Haven't Had Creamed Corn Like This) Creamed Corn

Growing up my Dad loved canned creamed corn. YUCK! I've never liked it so I've turned up my nose at every variety ever since. Until I tried this. Wow, it is creamy, cheesey and has just enough kick! You HAVE to try this! Beverley is a fantastic cook and she came up with this recipe on her own. It's a keeper for sure.

1 regular size bag of frozen white and yellow corn (if you can find a bag mixed - great or buy two bags and use half each)
1/2 c of evaporated milk (fat-free OK)
1 t sugar
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1/8 t chili powder
2 heaping T flour
diced red pepper and onions
10 oz white cheese (mozzarella, monterey jack, parmesan, combination of any. I used reduced-fat cheese and it worked just fine)

Mix all ingredients except cheese and cook in skillet on low heat, stirring often so no sticking. When warm and combined spread into serving dish and top with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until just browned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?