Thursday, January 1, 2009

About Me


Who am I?


I'm Courtney. I live with my best friend and husband, Bill and our sweet pea, baby daughter, Elyse. We have one crazy, bossy cat named Wilson who thinks he's a dog and loves to tangle with our young lab/border collie/bullmastiff mix pup named Libby. I'm a working Mama who enjoys her day job, but soaks up every moment I can get with my family.

I lost my Mom to ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease June of 2007 - she was only 51. Her diagnosis and eventual passing have forever changed me. I'm passionate about finding ways to support our local ALS chapter and helping those going through a difficult time due to a terminal illness or facing the loss of a loved one.

I've enjoyed learning to sew on my mother's sewing machine. I like long power-walks with my girlfriends. I adore watching my daughter grow, breathing in her sweet smell and melting when she smiles at me. I love photography and just about every night my nose is in a book or manual learning more about my camera and photography concepts. I love our home. I love to cook and entertain. I love to organize and de-clutter. I enjoy decorating, particularly when on a small budget or DIY.
One last thing. I've really enjoyed figuring out this blogging thing. It is fun.

3 comments:

Veriuska said...

I read a review you wrote for PBS...the rest is history.
1.- You are a beautiful couple
2.- I saw all your posted books on pregnancy: glad it worked!
3.- I love your cat
4.- I like your blog. I started one but have not really gotten into it..should...ah, I rather spend the time reading
5.- I am newly retired. Crochet baby blankets: Would you like one?

Jenn said...

What a beautiful picture of you two!
I lost my mom (when she was 51!... to cancer)
My baby was only 4 months old... hard times!
My heart is with you ~ =) Glad you found my blog today! after browsing your blog a bit... I think we have a few things in common!!!
Blessings!

Do you have Google Connect Friend follow? or just RSS? I need to have my hubby work with me on RSS again!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely family ... your mom is with you - simply in a different way.

Do a Search for owls Roy and Dale in Chula Vista, CA - and Molly and McGee in San Marcos, CA.

The live cams are wowlderful!!

Love your space here.

Gentle as you go,
Marny

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?