WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
10 soft tortillas
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
If I might recommend - I'd suggest you pair the enchiladas with some tortilla chips. These are our new favorite. Locally, you find them at Fred Meyer.
Then, you can whip up my new favorite salad dressing. I eat salads pretty much every day at work. I'd never thought of this, but this is how they make the Mexican salad dressing in our cafeteria. I just had to try it and YUM! Elyse likes to dip everything in it. Tonight, it was cucumbers!
Then, prepare your favorite salad toppings. Here is what we came up with. The two items I felt were missing were a little avocado and black beans (we were out):