Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mac N' More with Grandma Jo

Today, Elyse and I picked up Grandma Jo to go to a children's consignment sale. I got an armload of clothes for Elyse in the next size up. Good quality clothing for such a great price!

Afterward, we took Grandma to a surprise place - Mac N' More. It is a new restaurant not far from her house. They specialize in comfort food - grilled sandwiches, meatloaf, and yes, macaroni and cheese. You can have the original or create your own - from crawfish to buffalo mac.

I haven't taken many pictures lately so I brought my camera along to get some shots in. The restaurant actually had decent light.

The tables are chalkboard and Elyse thought it was pretty great.

By the way, my girl who has ripped hats off her head every chance we get, now often grabs a hat from her basket when she knows we're going "bye-bye".

Grandma Jo had fun with her.



Grandma got original and I just added green onion to mine. Nothing too fancy since we were sharing with Elyse.

Pretty Grandma.


She loved it.

So did Miss Lysey Girl.

Even if she makes funny faces with each bite. She is getting pretty good maneuvering that spoon.

Afterward, we went back to Grandma's for a bit. Elyse is always drawn to her ceramic cat.

She always wants to pick it up.

It isn't light, let me tell you.

What I love about it is Grandma has had that cat for YEARS. I used to beg her to let me take it home. I'm actually kind of surprised she didn't let me. But, I'm so glad she didn't. It would be long gone by now. Instead, it is happily still in Grandma's house and now my daughter gets to enjoy it.

Grandma had asked me earlier that morning if Elyse ever cries. I laughed and said, "Of course, she does!"

Well, here you go. It was naptime and Elyse was telling us we needed to go. Look at poor Grandma's face. Precious - both of them.

We had a great time with you, Grandma. We love you!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?