Sunday, March 15, 2009

Heh-Dow!

Kids.

Yesterday, we got to spend the evening with our favorite 17-month-old. Yes, our nephew Carson came for a visit. He was so cute. I loved hearing him running around the house, "Buppy, Buppy" chasing after Libby and turning around to us and saying hello - "Heh-Dow..." He was really into the dog kennel. This gave him a good thirty minutes of entertainment. He really liked when he'd swing the door shut and I'd call after him - Carson! Carson! He'd giggle like crazy! He started getting a bit cranky in the early evening and I was fortunate enough to get cuddle time with him and he went to sleep with me. Love that!

His Mom and Dad were at a wedding and when they returned he eventually woke up and it was Round 2 of playtime. Here are some videos of him with Libby - those two were terribly cute together.



Cooking.

For dinner last night we had homemade pizza. It was actually my first time doing it - not sure why. I guess it just seemed like a lot of trouble. But, I've had a hankering for it lately as I've avoided it because it is generally so high in fat and calories. My solution is in the form of a Devin Alexander re-creation of Pizza Hut supreme pizza. I made the dough the night before and the next day just roasted some veggies - mushrooms, red onion and bell peppers, added some turkey pepperoni and reduced fat mozzarella. It was very good, not terribly time consuming and it makes me very happy it was both inexpensive AND healthy - two of my focuses this year!

And then...

We woke up to this. Wow, this just doesn't happen in the Northwest.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?