Sunday, March 17, 2013

DIY Toddler Makeup

As you've seen here, Elyse has gotten into my makeup more than once. I'd been trying to figure out a solution to take her interest elsewhere.

A friend suggested something she'd seen on Pinterest and I thought I'd give it a try. You take nail polish and pour it into emptied out makeup compacts. I used some taupe polish and poured it into a powder compact. Into an old eyeshadow compact, I added four different colors. I took some shimmery powder and sprinkled it over all the wet polish for a fun sparkly makeup look. I'd suggest leaving these outside or in your garage to dry. We were surprised at how smelly they were. They need 24-48 hours to dry - depending on the temperature.

Don't forget to clean the makeup brushes for her to "pretend" put on her makeup.

 I showed Elyse what I'd made and she was excited to check it out.



Gotta check out the results!


What fun projects have you done on Pinterest lately?

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?