Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Under the Weather

January was our month of sickness - all three of us at one time or another the entire month. February wasn't a whole lot better and even some quick touches in early March. Nothing stops this household like our little girl being sick.

When Baby Girl falls asleep on the couch, has "half-eyes" (what I call her droopy eyes when she has a fever), and/or wants to be held instead of playing - we know we have trouble.

I found these pictures from the last two months. All pictures of her sleeping off a fever. Sweet girl.





This week.

Monday = low fever.

Tuesday = fever averaging about 101. Fell asleep at 6:30 p.m. and slept through the night.

Wednesday = fever of 101.5 when I dropped her off at Grandma Francie's. Francie called me when she woke up at 1:15 and her fever was up to 103.8. I called the doctor and they said, "You need to bring her right in - 104 is hospitalization."

Seriously. Are they trying to give me a heart attack?

I left my office so quickly and headed straight to pick her up and take her to the doctor's office. Daddy met us there. Francie had given her some Tylenol and it took the fever down quickly. It was normal by the time we got to the doctor's office. Of course.

We did get to meet our new doctor and she was really nice. I'm sure she's like, "Weirdo parents". No, just kidding. She was very nice and assuring. Elyse's glove balloon animal from our visit pictured above.

She had a cold and an ear infection. We are to call in two days if she still has a fever, saying that sometimes these fevers hang on. From panicked and picturing a hospital stay to home. Pizza and balloon from the grocery store, cuddling on the couch with belly full of antibiotics and pain relievers.

Wow. Can we be done with the sick season now, please?

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?