Monday, May 23, 2011

If You're Happy and You Know It...

CLAP YOUR HANDS!

Elyse started clapping on Saturday - and not how I expected. I expected a clap we'd get excited about, but she wouldn't know how to do it again so we wouldn't see it again for a while.  Not at all how it went down. She just started clapping - Bill was in the room too and we gave her quite the cheering in response. I'm sure the level of excitement helped because Elyse hasn't stopped doing it ever since. She claps at the dog and cat, for dinner, bathtime and even when she wakes up.

The video is cute, but I'd recommend muting it so you don't have to hear ridiculous-me excitedly cheering her on. And by the way, Dad doesn't really like me calling her "The Clapper". Honey - baby as the Clapper is different from the "clap". Boys are so weird! But, I digress.

Enjoy!

This reminded me of John and Sherry, bloggers from Young House Love, who had a super funny moment where they were being filmed by a local TV crew for a segment when their daughter clapped for the first time. Glad to know we're not the only parents around who get so excited about these firsts. Good times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?