Friday, May 25, 2012

Mama 2012

I'm still behind in blogging. And admittedly, I'm going to cheat a bit.

Here is a sweet video my friend Allen made me for Mother's Day. It is absolutely perfect. Love it. I wish I could embed it into Blogspot, but you need a paid membership. Darn.

Next up. Have you seen this commercial? I honestly don't normally cry at commercials, but I admit I cannot watch this without tears. It is so precious.


Whatever my baby girl chooses to do, no doubt I'll be the proudest Mama in town. It will be my pleasure to watch her life unfold to see what she chooses for her future.

I was perusing what I shared on Mother's Day last year - here and here. The words are all still so true to this day - both about my Mom and about my precious daughter. Mother's Day fell on May 13 this year. The day before, May 12 stood out to me. My Mom died on June 12 and this year it will be five whole years. I get pretty sad about it this time of year and with the five year anniversary, it doesn't make it any easier. How blessed I am that my daughter came into the world on the 12th of the month. I'd like to believe that it is God and my Mama's way of comforting me, loving me and allowing me to love on my daughter, as my Mom loved me.

I talked to a mama-to-be today. Her baby girl is scheduled to arrive a week from today. We talked about that moment of falling in love with your baby. I am so thrilled for her. Life will never be the same. Mine sure isn't. When that little girl asks for a kiss or hugs my neck tight - my heart absolutely melts.

I thank you, Mom, for teaching me how to love. I'm the Mom I am today because of you.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?