Monday, May 5, 2014

Day in the Life of a Monday, May 5, 2014

6:45 a.m. - cell phone buzzes a text message. Keep sleeping.

7:10 a.m. - another text. Maybe I better look at my phone. Both are from Bill - one saying his car wouldn't start this morning and he had to take the truck. Frustrated that our older car is starting to have more and more problems. Thankful we still have three vehicles.

7:11 a.m. - Glance through Facebook. Accept receipt of a PaperbackSwap. The final to my set of Pottery Barn Home. I had started this set for my Mom. Pin a recipe for tacos (pineapple??) and some cute ideas for Elyse's birthday.

7:25 a.m. - Elyse has eyes open,but not seeming to want to get up. Hop in the shower.

My buddy who always gives me company in the bathroom. (PS: Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a cat who is just trying to nuzzle you all without capturing your own robed image in the mirror?)

 Attempt to comb through my mop of hair. My brazilian blowout is now completely gone.

This product - love it. Untangles my hair, smells great and helps before the flat/curling iron.

Somebody wants inside.

7:50 a.m. - Sort some laundry. Start one load. Made bed. Unpack yesterday's bag.

8:05 a.m. - Time for coffee. Even though it is May I've dug out the wintry blend from Trader Joe's. Love the spice!

8:12 a.m. - Try a new recipe from Pinterest - Flourless Peanut Butter Mini Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins.

8:39 a.m. - Someone is awake! As soon as I walk in, "Mommy, I saw a tiny pig on my bed and needed you so I yelled, "Mommy, Mommy and I scared him away."

Instantly gets up, gets dressed into a princess dress. Socks and shoes too.

Walks down the hall - "Mommy.... What's that amazing smell?"

8:50 a.m. - Eating breakfast of muffins, string cheese, fresh blackberries and some freeze dried fruit. "Mommy, what is this? Wait, it's not a cookie." Me, "It's a muffin". Elyse: "Oh, it is very good, thanks, Mommy."

Looks at me, "Mommy, did you take a shower? Good job, Mommy!"

Looks at TV, "Mommy, that guy looks like Daddy!"  OK?



Note. Muffins are amazing. Will definitely make again. Pan is a nightmare.

9:14 a.m. - Eat the fruit Elyse leaves behind. She goes off to play.



9:21 a.m. - Reheat cold coffee. Fold laundry. 


9:27 a.m. - Coffee and I head down the hall to get ready to head out the door.

9:55 a.m. - We get coats on and head out toward downtown to meet our playgroup friends at a Monday morning play. This time it is Little Red Hen.

10:30 a.m. - Katherine, Elyse and Gabby.



The play is very short - perfect for these attention spans.




11:15 a.m. - We take the kiddos to Meconis for lunch. It was too wet to go to the playground first. I ask if they have child-size chocolate milks. The woman replies, "Only for the kid-size lunches". So instead of us sharing, I get Elyse her own sandwich. Of course, she takes two bites and is off to play.

Lucien and Elyse are just wild together. Here they are playing underneath a nearby table - ugh.




12:00 p.m. - These next few photos, sum up the life of Moms. That is Janelle hauling after Ava who took off and Deanna is trying to get Lucien off the bustop seat.

All children corralled successfully.


They are too much...


12:25 p.m. - Elyse doesn't want to go home. She is hungry and eats her entire sandwich in the backseat. I need just a couple things so we stop at the grocery store.

She helped load the groceries, so the checker gave her a sticker. She says, "thank you." We get out to the car and she says, "I don't like my sticker. I don't like frogs. They are skeery".

12:53 p.m. - We pull in the driveway and she says, "I don't want to go night-night".

12:57 p.m. - I unload groceries. She comes into the kitchen, "Mommy, I'm ready to go night-night".

1:05 p.m. - The furry kids decide to rest too.

 1:17 p.m. - I remember that I couldn't find a spice in the cabinet and decide to go through it.

This is really a before/after, but the after is below and you can't really tell the difference. Just know that two spices got combined, one was old and the spice I was looking for - FOUND.

1:37 p.m. - sort more laundry. Fold load from dryer. Get chicken out to thaw for dinner.

2:00 p.m. - Check work e-mail. Edit photos. Get this post going.

3:15 p.m. - How did this much time pass? Must get off computer. Run software update/virus scanner first.

3:17 p.m. - Rain is just pelting down outside - similar to our entire weekend. Hard to believe it was 90 degrees last Thursday!

3:23 p.m. - Turn on recorded show for background noise - "My 600 Lb Life". Just a glimpse into my weirdo TV interests. I am just fascinated by people's lives. Plus, this is the perfect show to just half pay attention to while I get to work cleaning the kitchen.

3:32 p.m. - Oh my gosh I just took that entire time scrubbing that darn muffin pan. Does Pampered Chef make stoneware mini muffin pans? Must investigate.

3:37 p.m. - It is now sunny. Crazy weather.

3:41 p.m. - Feed dog and cat because Wilson is driving me crazy.

3:45 p..m. - Girl is chatting. When I walk in she announces, "My panties are dry!"

She starts changing into princess dresses - again. And I take her picture.




How did we get so lucky to have such a beautiful, amazing, precious little girl?

"Mommy, that's so funny!"


4 p.m. - Change bedding. Put away clothes.

4:07 p.m. - Search Pinterest for mango margarita recipes with fresh mangoes. Cinco de Mayo! Success!

Start dinner. Make Tortilla Chip and Pepperjack Crusted Chicken with Avocado Ranch. It was ah-maze-ing. Delish.


5 p.m. - Daddy's home. He changes and heads down the street to talk to a neighbor about an HOA issue.

5:09 p.m. - I got the stepstool out to reach the margarita glasses and someone had a grand ol' time. Next, I started my (last?) load of laundry.

5:33 p.m. - Dinner in oven.

5:45 p.m - start margarita preparation.

6 p.m. - A perfect ending to an amazing day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?