Monday, June 2, 2008

GoodSearch - Time for a Reminder

Why Google? I have been using this site for a while now, but was recently reminded of how many people don't know about it yet. GoodSearch is a search engine that donates 50% of its revenue to charities and schools designated by its users. It is simple, easy and a win-win! You use GoodSearch just as you would any other search engine (Google). I used to use Google and get just as good of results with GoodSearch. Every time you search the Internet or make an online purchase at one of their partner merchants (Amazon.com, Ebay, Target, Walmart, Staples, etc.); GoodSearch makes a donation to the nonprofit or school of your choice. Isn't that awesome?

The more people who use the site, the more money will go to those in need. So please check it out and spread the word! The website address is http://www.goodsearch.com/. On the home page it allows you to search just like any search engine site, but it also has a spot where you "enter your charity here" and then click on the "verify" button to the right.

If you don't have a favorite school or charity already in mind, then please consider the ALS Assocation, Evergreen Chapter in Kent, Washington. This organization provides support and research efforts to patients and families in Washington State. When holidays come around (birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day), I use whatever money I would have spent on Mom toward a donation to the ALS Evergreen Chapter. It is truly the least I can do to repay them for all they have done for my family. Plus, if it can benefit current and future patients of ALS in some small way, that means the world to me and I know it means more to my Mom than flowers on her headstone.

Thanks for the reminder, Carin, about continuing to spread the word about this site.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?