Sunday, November 23, 2008

Prayer Request

Many of you know my friend, Evelyn. For those that don't, Evelyn is like a mother to me and also a dear friend. Please hold Evelyn and her family in prayer today. Evelyn's husband is losing his battle with multiple myeloma. Things are progressing much more quickly than expected. Hospice is involved and families are saying their goodbyes.

Bill and I were gifted with the opportunity to be with them this morning. As you might imagine, it was difficult for me and brought back many memories after having gone through this with Mom. However, I wouldn't have chosen to be anywhere else; it truly felt like a privilege. There was so much love in that house, it was that feeling that comforted me as we left.

Please hold Evelyn and her family in prayer today during this incredibly difficult time.

UPDATE: Dick passed away tonight at approximately 5 p.m. surrounded by his wife and his children. My heart breaks for my dear friend and her entire family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Courtney...You cease to amaze me! Your love, caring for others, and beautiful way of writing about life is a special gift to all who know you. I just know your Mom is smiling down with pride and sending her love. May your blessings be many and may that special little gal some day know how blest she has been with you two!
Love... Jeannie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?