Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kentucky!

I'm back from Kentucky visiting Carin. It was so great to spend time with her - she is a wonderful friend.

My fun welcome gift!



We went to Churchill Downs - home of the Kentucky Derby. My friend my high school, Jono, met us there. He is a huge fan of horse racing and helped explain all the details. First, you watch the horses come out and make your pick.


Such beautiful horses.


I always chose number eight for some odd reason (smile).


Another number eight.


Twelve is pretty too.



Now, on to the race. You'll notice there are no racing photos. I'd need a much better camera to capture that action. Plus, it just would never do justice what it is like to see, hear and feel them roar past you. Wow.

I do like how they water them down after the race and walk them past. After all the cracking of the whips during the race, it is nice to watch this.



It is a great experience, but my one complaint? Ugh - the smoking - cigarettes, pipes, cigars - SICK! Even outside it is awful!



Isaiah did pretty well.



He's a cutie.



I had him pose for me on our way out.



Check out what I had him climb to get that picture for me. He was happy to oblige.




Brace yourself. It is the one picture of Carin and me. She is one of the most beautiful people I know and she is awful about getting her picture taken! This really isn't a great one of either of us. But, I'm still posting it since it's the only one I've got.



We had dinner one night at a Buca di Beppo. They have great food and we ate the leftovers for two more nights! This salad was great.



A basil mojito. I had to try it - not bad!


Brief interruption. I shot this photo because I want to do two of these on my front porch (minus the tulle).



We had a day of shopping and I got my eyebrows and makeup done at Ulta.



She did a nice job overall, but I'm not used to wearing that much makeup. You can't really tell in the photos, but I felt like a stripper! I couldn't wait to watch some of it off when I got home. Sorry, Monique!





My last night... Isaiah cuddling with his Mom (notice she won't look at the camera). Stubborn girl!



Mika. She is such a good dog!



Getting back rubs and tickles from Mama!



Thanks for the wonderful visit Carin! It was so great to see you! Let's plan the next get-together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?