- Don't spend more than you earn. No credit card debt.
- Don't buy more than you can afford. You can't afford that vehicle if you can't pay it off in three years or less. You can't afford that house if you're assuming you'll make more money later to make the payment easier.
- Stick to your financial goals. If you've gone over your budget, stay home. Don't be embarrassed to turn down offers from friends. It is OK to say, "Sorry, I can't afford it."
- An emergency fund is a requirement. You can always start somewhere. We've all learned no job is completely secure.
- Avoid the pitfalls of consumer debt. Don't forget sneaking it into a second mortgage or refinance or those 12 months same as cash offers.
2010. My focus this year is on something a little more fun. My plan is to finally purchase a digital SLR camera (once I can save up for it of course!).
Once purchased, my friend Marcie and I plan to take a photography course. I'm hoping you'll eventually be seeing some nicer shots on this blog one day. I am so excited!