Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Connections


Sure. It may be coincidence.

Sure. She is into mothering - everything.

Sure. It was something new to play with.

BUT... I believe it is something more.

My mother painted these ceramic kissing angel Christmas decorations when she was a young girl. They were out every year after Thanksgiving. Before Mom passed, she went through her Christmas things with Corey and I saying she had too many and wanted us to take some. We knew the real reason - so we obliged.

Now, I've pulled them out every year since 2008 - the first Christmas without her.

Elyse was infatuated with them. The above picture is one of the times she had tucked them in "night-night". She puts them to sleep. Kisses them on the lips. Has them kiss each other and tries to carry them all over the house. I say *tries* because I have to hide them when she's not looking as these have to be played with under supervision. I try to keep her in the living room on the carpeting because she is constantly dropping them. They are very heavy and quite fragile. I just hold my breath the entire time - loving and enjoying how much she loves playing with them, but also praying she doesn't shatter them to pieces.

Here is a video and don't worry if you don't make it through the whole thing. I just couldn't find a decent place to cut it off. She is so into playing with them. I do feel Grandma Kathy couldn't have been far away.



Elyse and the Christmas Angels from Courtney on Vimeo.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?