Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blueberry Bliss



My mother-in-law called last Saturday and asked if I was interested in going to pick blueberries with her. Hmmmm, let me think about that - YES! We had a great time. There was a very entertaining woman in the blueberry bushes who kept commenting on our conversations. She'd start YELLING at her daughter who was in the car, "BRING ME A BUCKET CAITLYN!!!" Caitlyn of course wouldn't hear her and yell, "WHAT?" Again, "BRING MEEEEE.... A BUUUUUUUUCKEEEEEET!!!!! Oh my. She was something. I was definitely wanting to say, "Shut it", but kept that to myself. Then, she ended up caught in a bee hive. What a sight she was running through the blueberry bushes and into the fields trying to swat bees away from her. Once I realized she was OK, I really couldn't stop laughing. Is that mean? Sorry.

OK, enough of that. Check out these beauties.



Speaking of doing not nice things. I pretty much snacked my way through the blueberry bushes. I tried each variety and agreed with LOUD WOMAN that the berries in the back were the sweetest. I realized later, was that bad? Was I stealing berries? Ooops.

After the bee hive incident, I was pretty much ready to go, but Francie. She is a die-hard picker. She wanted to fill her bucket. We worked until we filled our buckets - she still picked a full 2 lbs more than me!

Check out Francie proudly holding her berries. I love this picture of her. She looks so happy and beautiful!


Fun day. I've made blueberry muffins, blueberry crisp, topped some on yogurt and in smoothies and there's still more berries. Yum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?