Saturday, March 13, 2010

Black Forest Dump Cake

Grandma Deana's Black Forest Dump Cake


Lately, foods can vary from tasting so incredibly delicious to something I am completely not into. I never know if it is just because I'm pregnant or not. Grandma-to-Be Deana made this Black Forest Dump Cake for a birthday dinner recently and it was very good. Normally, "dump cakes" aren't my thing, but this one was excellent. Bill doesn't like many cakes or pies, but he liked it too. I told him I could make it for his birthday this year. Then, I remembered what was also coming around his birthday (Baby D), so maybe not this year!

Makes 1 9x13 cake

1 20oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
1 c flaked coconut
1 3-1/2 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
1 18-1/2 oz pkg chocolate cake mix
1/2 c butter

Preheat oven to 350. Spread pineapple into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle a layer of coconut on top of pineapple and then a layer of dry pudding mix. Spread the cherry pie filling evenly over pudding mix. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pie filling. Cut butter into thin slices and arrange on top of cake mix.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and cool before serving. Serve with cool whip or whipped topping. YUM!

UPDATE 9/10/2010: Baby didn't come before Bill's birthday after all, so he got this cake on his big day! I snapped the above pic. It isn't the prettiest thing, plus I made it in my not-so-attractive, but super-functional Pampered Chef stoneware, but I tell you it is the YUMMIEST.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?