Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nursery Purchase: Part One

I've slowly (and I do mean, SLOWLY) cleaning out the spare room that will one day soon be Baby D's nursery. I'm trying to move things out and GET RID of things along the way too. If we don't love it or use it - it's out. I've accumulated a load of items for Goodwill. A large box filled with picture frames which my Grandma Jo will just love. A bagful of CDs for Aunt Sue. Plus, I have Hummel plates that belonged to my Grandmother that I've never got around to hanging, which I will ship to a cousin that never got any of her things. This feels really good.

 [I do have my weaknesses! I'm stuck on things like my Mom's Barbie in its original box, her wedding dress and tiny little porcelain horses that belonged to my Great Grandmother. I'm far from a hoarder, but some things are just too hard to part with!]

I'd imagined myself getting most of the furniture for the nursery from Craig's List - that is until I keep seeing all these safety recalls. I know myself well enough to know I'd worry more than I'd relish in the savings. Plus, I've learned it isn't the crib that's expensive, it is the mattress. Something I'd end up purchasing new anyway.

Marcie was over last night and we found the exact crib on-line I've been wanting and for a great price - ordered a mattress too. All that with a rebate and free shipping. Take that Craig's List! It is a white Jenny Lind and I just LOVE it! It felt so great to get something to get Baby's room started. Wow, the fact that a baby is on the way is beginning to feel more real every day.

1 comment:

Annie said...

If I haven't said it yet - Congratulations! You are going to be an amazing mom!!!

PS - That crib is adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?