Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Goodness: Special K Bars

SPECIAL K BARS


Watch out. These are the treats you can't stop eating. They are a great indulgence at Christmastime. I've been making them for years and have been a favorite of family and friends. I've been meaning to post this anyway and when my mother-in-law just called for the recipe, I figured it was just as easy to post here for all! Enjoy and have a wonderful Christmas!

1 c sugar
2 c melted chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate best)
1 c Karo syrup
8 c Special K cereal
1-1/2 c peanut butter (not lowfat)

Melt sugar, syrup and peanut butter over low heat. Mix with cereal and spread onto shallow bar or jelly roll pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over mixture and place in warm oven to melt. Spread chocolate chips to "frost" while still warm. Cool in refrigerator before cutting into squares. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ann Mitchell said...

Ha! I make those same bars except I use Rice Krispee cereal. i call mine Scotcheroos. They are sooooo good and I can't keep them in my house! I think I'll take them to work instead.

Ann Mitchell said...

I make these same bars except I use Rice Krispees instead of special K. Oh, and I use half chocolate chip and half butterscotch chips too. These are fantastic! Mine are called scotcheroos.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?