I do love me some Oprah, so I thought it would be fun to do my own "favorite things" although I wish I were wealthy enough to buy everything on the list for my friends. However, my list likely wouldn't be coveted by most. These are not necessarily my favorite things EVER, but things I am enjoying right now, think are super clever or find myself continually reaching for. From hair bands to specialty paper, it is a random list - just like ME!
1. MAC Fluidline eye liner. This stuff is the BEST. You put it on with a little brush and it stays on - NO SMEARS! I like Dipdown (dark brown).
2. BLONDE hair clips, bands and pins. I've never been able to perfect that little-piece-of-hair-around-the-hairband trick. This is my second fav - blonde hair accessories. These match my hair almost perfectly. I find myself always grabbing for these. And, here's to no more black bobby pins for me - hooray!
3. Stay With Me Socks. Actually, I have a love/hate with these socks. My neighbor graciously gave me a bunch of clothes her two daughters had outgrown. She had this Ziploc bag full of socks and pointed out this pair that had little velcro ties on the back. She said they were the best socks, as they didn't fall off baby's feet, but didn't know where to buy more. I found myself falling in love with them too. I was always searching for them in the sock drawer. Well, I found them. They definitely suckered me in. They are $6.00 a piece though! Not listed on Ebates and I couldn't find any type of coupon code. Grrr.. I bought three pairs in the largest size. Crazy price, but they do stay on!
4. Cloches. So, I don't even know how to pronounce this word, but I love them. Call them what you want (i.e., belljar), I think they are so beautiful and timeless. I don't actually have one (I don't actually see them very often). I figure it could be the only way to ever have a plant in my house Wilson wouldn't eat. I could serve cheese under them at a party or even put a candle in it. Love.
5. Acorn slippers. I love these slippers. They are well loved and yes, dear Libby did chew the back of one when she was a puppy. Being home on leave and in my slippers most every day - these are very comfortable!
6. Weatherproof paper. I think this is the coolest stuff. I bought a package in September to make Mom's ALS Walk race bibs. Allen did the design (so awesome!) and I printed it on this paper. It is so amazing. Even after printing on an inkjet, it doesn't rub off even after pouring water directly on it. Amazing stuff. Expensive ($20+ for just 50 sheets), but I clearly labeled the package so we make sure not to use it accidentally.
7. Ikea frames. I am loving Ikea frames. They are super cheap and have been a wonderful way to to beautifully frame newborn photos of our sweet daughter. I love photo collages and for that cohesive look it really helps to have them in the same frame color, often the same frame. My friend Allen hung our pictures at home and in my new office. LOVE HIM.
8. Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea. Bill and I drink a lot, I mean a LOT of decaf iced tea at home. We brew all different kinds of flavored teas and then drink 'em iced. I love, love this tea. Bill doesn't like it so well and when Alyson was here I offered her some and she said it sounded disgusting. Maybe it is an acquired taste?
9. Nikon remote control. Seriously, the best $14 I have ever spent. I love this thing. This plus my new tripod makes me so happy. Of course, I still love my camera (Nikon D90) and getting new accessories makes me SUPER excited!
10. DeMarle Magnetic Measuring Trio. So, I'm not really an in-home party kind of girl for the most part. However, I was at a friend's house who was hosting a DeMarle party. I'd never heard of it, but evidently they are the original creators of the Silpat. She showed me these measuring cups and spoons. They are brilliant. The spoons have two sides (one for dry and one for wet) so you don't have to dirty two spoons mid-recipe. Plus, they are magnetized so they all stay together! And, they are a cute color. Love!
That's all I've got for my super random list. Until next time!
Disney World 2014 - Another fabulous Disney vacation is complete! We enjoyed our family time together at the happiest place on earth for sure. I now present our trip in pict...
3 years ago