Sunday, November 17, 2013

Maui 2013: Pt. 2 - To the Beach!


Elyse loves Dora and there is a song where they keep repeating, "Where are we going? To the beach! Where are we going? To the beach". Well, that is what we did just about every day in Maui. The weather was amazing, it was free and it was fantastic.

Elyse absolutely loved the beach and I'm waiting for the day she asks to go back. Sadly, the nearby beaches won't be near what she remembered in Maui.

There were three public beaches just outside our condo and we frequented all of them - Kamaole I, II and III. We also went to Ulua Beach in Wailea. I took a TON of pictures at the beach. I went through and deleted so many, but there are still a lot, so I'm just going to share beach pictures in one post. That way, you can just close it down if I've overwhelmed you.




We brought just one bathing suit for Elyse. It was a darling halter I picked up at a consignment sale well over a year ago. It really fit her fine, but she gets the worst little wedgies from panties and bathing suits alike. We probably adjusted her bathing suit bottoms 100 times on this trip, but at some point you just give up. Plus, it is pretty darn cute.




The wedge.



Boogie boards supplied by our condo. Big hit with Daddy!
















I snuck in a picture of these two boys on the left. They were twins and Elyse would run up and try to play with them, but stay just enough out of their way that they'd look back and her like, "Are you following us?" It was so cute!

Big treat that our friends Ben and Linda that we met on our honeymoon in Fiji were in Maui at the same time. We met up for a day at Ulua Beach and lunch at Da Kitchen. More on that - YUM.


Here is a video of the missy running with her "friends".

And yes, there will be an entire post of the swimming pool. What can I say? I'm a Mamarazzi!

Before I close, can I take you back two years? Maui, November 2011. Our baby was just one year old.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?