Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heart Day

Bill and I planned a fun (for us) day just running around. We had a quick bite at Panera and headed up to Woodinville to the former site of Costco Home. Remember our dining room table we're so crazy about? The furniture vendor Ekta Interiors e-mailed us that she has a fresh shipment of new goodies and was back at the furniture store.

We were really looking for a corner hutch or buffet that matches our table. We didn't see exactly what we were looking for, but, we saw so many other fun things! There are pieces that just might work - we just need to give it some thought. I'll warn you this furniture may not be your style, but we LOVE it. It is so unique and such a nice change from much of our Ikea press-board. Not that there is anything wrong with Ikea for many items, but sometimes it feels good purchasing a substantial piece of solid wood furniture.

The majority of her Ekta Interiors' furniture is shipped from India - and each piece is one-of-a-kind. Here are some sneak peeks.

I like that this one has a display on top, but you can hide supplies in the bottom.



This photo doesn't do this bookcase justice. The side pieces are basically logs and the carved design at the top... I just couldn't stop looking at it.



This one is just great, but I don't know that we'd have enough wine to display on the lower racks, but I love the look.



I really, really like this one. But, I think it might be too big for the space.



OK, maybe I don't need a bookcase, but I LOVE this!



OK, if I haven't lost you already, you will probably think we are crazy when we tell you we actually came home with this one. It is currently in our office and the new home for our office supplies. It is the perfect little cabinet for what we've been looking for.



We also picked up two new dining room chairs. I am excited to say we can now seat ten at our mammoth table! Her prices have come down a little bit so we were pretty excited about that.

After shopping, we had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory in Bellevue. Bill picked out the crab wontons...


And, we split Chris Rock's favorite sandwich - the shrimp and bacon club. (I had such trouble getting a good shot of this sandwich so I'm cheating and posting a pic I found on an internet search.



We left without cheesecake, but did a little shopping around Bellevue and stopped in Tacoma at Hello Cupcake (remember these from my bridal shower)?

We took a few home for us and a few to share. They are so beautiful.



Ask Bill what he thinks when his wife photographs food in restaurants and bakeries. Actually, don't listen to him. Secretly, I think he likes it. :-)

All in all, a great Valentine's Day. I love you Bill with all my heart. Here's sending my love out to all my dearest friends and family - since today is all about LOVE for everyone in our lives.

Happy Heart Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?