Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baby: Week 18

Week 18: Baby is the size of a sweet potato.

Wow, a sweet potato! Now, that is sounding bigger than the oranges and onions of late! Baby D has become amazingly mobile, passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that I should be able to feel those movements soon. [Thanks: TheBump.com]

This last week has been tough! READ THIS POST WITH CAUTION!

See that image above? Sorry Queen Helene, but I HATE YOU! Bill tells me I shouldn't hate, but he hasn't had a nasty, itching, hurting, spreading RASH from cocoa butter. Deana had told me this horror story from her pregnancy years ago where she had gotten a terrible rash from slathering cocoa butter to prevent stretch marks. She ended up going to the hospital! I had talked to my esthetician and she said nothing really prevents stretch marks, but keeping moisturized certainly helps. She recommended using a nice cocoa butter each morning and evening. Did I think back to Deana's story? Did I give any thought to how I'm already the crazy girl with sensitive skin who breaks out in HIVES! Uh, no.

I first noticed little itchy bumps on my left hip as Bill and I were laying in bed Sunday night. With my weird skin, I didn't give it much thought. I got up Sunday morning, took a shower and spread on my cocoa butter. By Monday evening, the rash was on BOTH hips. It was awful. My doctor's and OBGYN offices didn't provide a ton of help, other than suggestions of creams. By Thursday night, I could barely roll over in bed and wanted to cry. I'd have to wake up in the middle of the night to apply anti-itch spray. From the crazy itchiness to the pain once things started to heal - it has truly been awful!

Cautiously, I will share that I believe I'm on the mend. I pray this isn't an indicator for PUPP in my third trimester. Yes, that is an informational link describing what PUPP is. Just don't Google it and click on Images. Horrific. I know I've already shared too much. My apologies.

Baby itself is doing OK. Good heartbeats each night. I still don't feel Baby D. I laid really still in the bathtub yesterday too. I read that sometimes you can see the bathwater move before you can feel baby yourself. Yeah, that didn't work. But, that's OK. Soon, soon. I'm just trying to enjoy each day. Other than the days of RASHES! Have a good week!

2 comments:

mindy said...

court, i think you should definitely check out arbonne's shea butter and oatmeal body oil. it is part of our baby care line and safe for even the most sensitive skin. it's vegan and free of mineral oil, chemical dyes or fragrances, plus dermatologist tested and ph correct. my friend stephanie's 12-month old had baby eczema that has disappeared since using this line of products. i'd love to share it with you if you're interested. https://www.arbonne.com/products/baby/
i plan on using it as soon as we are expecting to help prevent stretch marks!
miss you! xoxo
mindy

MamaLuke said...

I was at the store today looking for some moisturizer for my tummy and felt total revulsion when I saw the Queen Helene Cocoa cream. Thanks for the warning!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?