Monday, September 6, 2010

LABOR Day

Labor day gives whole new meaning for me this year. For instance, running errands with your friend in her BMW with leather seats means...a waterproof changing pad on your seat JUST IN CASE.


My Aunt Sue makes me laugh. As I mentioned, she and Bill will be there right with me for delivery. Last night she called and said, "I need you to call me if you think it is even possible you might be going into labor". She wants to make sure she gets a shower in and is ready to roll. I really laughed at this. I said, "Sue, if that were the case, I'd be calling you all the time!"

Braxton Hicks contractions can be quite intense. I can now easily see how people go to the hospital with false labor. They were pretty strong the other night and I thought I'd go take a shower to see if that helped. In the shower, I started having tensing in my lower back and thought, "Hmmmm... I wonder..." I know real labor contractions can often start in your back and this was something I hadn't felt before. I finished my shower and as I got dressed I gave conscious thought to something I could wear to bed AND/OR possibly wear to the hospital. I even put my makeup bag in my post-partum bag just in case. I didn't say a word to Bill; I don't even want to panic him unnecessarily. I went and laid down and guess what? It went away!

This is a really weird time. I go about my day and do normal things, but it is always in the back of my mind and I'm always paying attention. Sue, I love you and I promise you'll know if it is real and you need to get going. But, I'll spare you the calls of every time I think it is remotely possible. Cause seriously? You REALLY don't want that!

I am happy to report my sister (whose due date was moved to a week ahead of me) had her baby on Saturday morning. Her little guy, Colton Hawk, is terribly cute and I'm so happy for her and thankful all went well with her and baby!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?