Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two



Two years ago today I was in a foreign country saying "I do". This year, we're not exactly celebrating our most romantic anniversary ever. We started the day at the OB/GYN with me getting a pretty invasive exam at almost 39 weeks pregnant. Tonight, I'm sitting on the couch with Braxton Hicks contractions tightening my belly, our sweet little niece is asleep in the spare room, our doggie is curled on her bed, kitty next to me and my beloved is asleep as he has to work tomorrow. Maybe not the most glamorous life to others, but I couldn't ask for anything more.

In my younger days, I thought I knew what I wanted and boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I waited - waiting meant I got Bill. He is truly the best thing that ever happened to me. I was just telling my friend the other day that Bill is so giving and thoughtful it makes me want to do more for him - to be a better person.

Yep, I love that guy snoring in the other room with all my heart. We have plans to get in a celebratory dinner this weekend. But, funny how things like carrying in our sleeping niece from the car and sitting next to me at my doctor's appointment become what is truly meaningful. I never doubt his priorities and know he will always be there, every step of the way.

What makes a marriage work? No doubt, I don't have all the answers. But, one decent indicator is when YOU feel like the lucky one. You feel like you've got the better deal. That's a pretty good start.

Thank you, Jenn for introducing us six years ago. We can never thank you enough.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?