Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Little Organizational Therapy

I'm not sure where it came from, but I do love to organize. I've been that way my whole life. My Mom wasn't into it and she'd vary from loving my skills to hating it saying things like, "What have you done to my spices?" I'd respond proudly, "What do you mean? They're in alphabetical order so they are easier to find!" She loved to tell that story, but over the years, she'd beg me to straighten things for her.

Sometimes those that know me well are surprised when they open a closet or drawer only to find things in disarray. Hey, it happens to the best of us. But, I must admit. I often will think about that closet/drawer. It eats at me until I can make the time to straighten it up. My friend, Carin is a super organizer too. When she was visiting that closet was our list of projects to tackle. However, we quickly ran out of time as Miss Elyse became our primary focus. Can you blame us? Yes, so much for my time on maternity leave. I was worried about being bored, imagining myself quickly going through my list of projects around the house. No way. It is feeding, nursing, pumping, cuddling, laundry, playing, dinner, bottle cleaning, changing diapers, rocking, cleaning... in no particular order and many repeated several times throughout the day. Projects often get started, but are quickly left ignored as Missy is onto something new and needing something.

The closet where we store our appliances, Tupperware and serving dishes was that nightmare for me. I cannot believe I didn't take a before pic, I really should have. But, I can imagine you've seen it before. Bowls everywhere, lids on some containers, some missing their lids, etc.

After little Lyse went to bed, I took it on. Afterward, I had a bag to giveaway and some to toss (broken, missing parts). I labeled my canning supplies, disposable containers (so you can easily grab these when sending food home with a friend) and even tried to keep the containers for storing leftovers separate from those you'd want to grab when making your lunch for work. Oh, this felt so good!

I went to grab my cell to snap a picture. I had to show Carin that I had finally tackled my project. Then, somebody decided he wanted in the photo too. What can I say? I apologize for the poor quality of the photo.

 
Now, there's that overflowing basket of receipts I need to enter for taxes this year. Oh my...

1 comment:

busycooking said...

Love the cat in the cupboard! :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?