Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bill's Baked Beans

I cannot believe it has taken me this long to post this bean recipe. Even more surprising, I haven't shared any of Bill's rib recipes. Anyone that knows Bill, knows he loves to make and share his ribs and beans. I got him a Traeger grill as his 40th birthday gift as I shared earlier when I posted his Traeger smoked turkey recipe. It is truly the best gift I have ever given him. He loves it just as much as the day he first used it - if not more.

Bill used a variety of baked bean recipes to come up with his own version. He almost always makes it along with his ribs. Serve these beans with smoked ribs, a little coleslaw or Marcie's Cowboy Caviar and you are in BBQ heaven! I actually didn't think I liked baked beans - and I don't like the canned version. But, these beans? Mmmmmm!

BILL'S BAKED BEANS

Brown and drain:
1-1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 lb bacon, diced
1 c onion, chopped

Stir in:
1 20 oz can baked beans (your favorite brand /with liquid)
1 17 oz can pinto/lima beans (any of your favorite white beans will do / drained)
1 17 oz can red kidney beans with liquid
Optional step: For added taste, drain all liquids and add 1/2 c of your favorite apple cider (we use Lattin's)

Stir into meat mixture:
1-1/2 c brown sugar
1-1/2 c ketchup
1-1/2 T mustard
1-1/2 T liquid smoke (or to taste)
dash cayenne pepper

Stir well. Bake for one hour in 350 degree oven. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?